Monday, January 9, 2012

8.45 a.m., new hair
look around, its the world
a red scarf, you say
"dont buy me things"
poetry is not something
i am good at.
you want to go to lunch with him
i want to hold your hand
and smell yellowed, moth-eaten books
in old curiosity shops
9 a.m., your hair looks nice.
you are like the night's sky...
imagery is overrated
may i tell you that i
perhaps am in love with you
do i dare to ?
for every step i take towards you
you remain standing, motionless
you do not come any closer
winter becomes more cruel
warming hands at a roadside fire
is not the same as warming hands
inside your skin.
you dont have everything that you want
but then i dont have you
so life trails on peeking into
the by-lanes of a this city.
10 a.m., you move closer to me
because you are cold
i move closer you to you
because it is you
my heart slips down my sleeve.

1 comment:

  1. wow..oh how i wish i could write parts of this poem...

    ReplyDelete

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...