Saturday, May 7, 2011

This thing called Love.



Reasons are few. Unreasonable, mostly.

Expensive even, Oh! Very- Telephone bills.

Arguments of Logic cease to exist,

Becomes rather Roman-ish, you see.

Sense & Sensibility? Not so, I should think.

Scenes of dragons and knights in armor

In the backdrop of a sky,

Roaring and thundering.

Classical. Quite so: this thing called Love.

Smell apples and vodka on his breath.

It's like a match. Strike it against

Another life,

And illuminate that desolate corner.

A house. White one with picketed fence.

In the midst of paddy fields. A horse

Is a must. And a Jack.

10 o' clock. Dim lights and

The sound of feet.. pit-pat pit-pat p.......

Pasta, wooden tales, old fashioned latches.


I soar, and soar high up, beyond the skies

Carrying with me, some

Diamonds and some Rust.

I grope, I can't.. I fall.

It ends. Bittersweet, perhaps,

But love. Love all the same.


(photo courtesy: reetika ghosh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...