Friday, February 17, 2012

On a February Night.

If I think of you, should I

not have the liberty to hold

you close? And if I am far away

with distances and nonsensical

aspects of life, such as growing up

separating us, what more is

there to be done, than to pick up

that mundane telephone and

give you a call.

"Hello.." "I called you to tell you

how much I miss you." "Oh, sorry,

I am _____, she has fallen asleep.."

Words dont do justice to my err.. ,

jealousy. Of course, that is a very

poetic way of putting it. What I feel,

on the other hand is nothing poetic.

Should I wonder what you were doing,

before slumber took over you ? I

can imagine the two of you in that

blue-walled room, that smells of you,

and rains, and trains. Did you sit

on that window ledge and smoke

a cheap cigarette or two, while

her eyes ran all over you like

she was caressing you with

her fingers? Or were you talking

of things you love the most--

films, art, Cal, life and death ? Or

did you just sit in each others'

arms, quiet, letting your hands

do the talking?

I will never know. If I ask you,

then you would perhaps laugh

it off, or be offended. But then,

I will never know. If I think

of you, should I not have the

liberty to hold you close? If I

think of you, shouldnt the heavens

above send you to me? They

have been known to perform such

miracles (!) If I think of you,

should I not have the liberty

to love you?

2 comments:

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...