Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Pleasant Thoughts



 Life begins at loss. 

A word uttered is a word lost
A scream piercing through the squalid air of the still night is a moment lost.
I have everything and i have everything to lose
I have secrets to conceal and i cower from life.
The urge to die is a lot less
The urge to not live, more.
The endless, monotonous clock that life is
Threatens to stike at one and two and three
Endlessly.
There is no need to stand and stare,
That which is there shall always be
Whether or not i touch the morning flower
And sings hymns in a church choir on sundays.
Castigate me if i believe in god
But there is so much lost already.
Where am i going with this
Where is anyone?
There is nothing to be found and no one to be found
and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Slashing wrists is pretentious, take my word and a bandaid for it.
All is a moment left behind, lost.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...