Wednesday, November 28, 2018

I did it thrice last night


The first time at 2: 29 when
I thought it was
Close to 5 a.m. because
I looked out
the window, and it was dark.

But I checked my
Phone and it wasn't yet time
To get out
Of bed and wake up
Poonam.

Then at 3: 23 a.m. when I
immediately reached
out for my phone but
it still wasn't late
enough for the first
smoke and cup of tea.

Then at 6: 00 a.m. but it still
wasn't time to say
“Poonam uth ja,
der ho jayegi.”

At 6: 50, not being able to
be on my own anymore
I called out
to her and said,

“Poonam uth ja,
7 baj gaye.”
She puts her cold hands
around me on
anxious mornings

And there is a little
more warmth than
the last 7 hours.
What can
clonezepam do when

There is worry in every
breath
i take travelling into
my body through
the pores on
my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...