Wednesday, November 28, 2018

For D.M., Once more.


For D. M., again.

Turn down the street lights
In their shadows, linger
Your smells
-cigarettes, weed, and rum.
Break open
The shelves in the fridge
That hold snickers bars
And Mars bars you
Gave to me and my friends.

For us millenials
It is easy to
get rid of someone-
We just block them.
What do I do with the
Touch of your lips on
Mine and the taste of
Yr tongue in my mouth
Now that you

Don't reply to my texts
And disconnect my calls.
I try not to be a creep
But what do I do with
All this longing that
I have kept away in
A corner for you. I
Cannot get
To that corner

I have lost my way.

Give me back my
Nose pin that I
Lost when yu were kissing me
And our breath
Fogged up my spectacles.
Give me back one hour
And 300 rs I spent
Travelling to you
When halfway there

You said you couldn't
See me and I asked
The autowala to take
A U-turn from the flyover
-I wish going
Back was as easy
And I
Wish I would forget you
The dark circles under yr eyes.

You are a cliche

You are a child

You are a man

You are scared.

Take back your smells and shadows and chocolates that have turned sour, your kisses and promises unmade and broken hearts.
I will find my corner again and live there until someone else comes along and gives me hope again, like you did, only to destroy it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...