Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Second Date


Sitting in front of PVR Rivoli
Waiting for you,
Tens and twenties pass by-
I keep a look out
 For yr grey and black hair
And your sling bag.

The last time that we met
(which also incidentally was the first time)
You ended up getting a tear in yr shirt.
Today you arrived in green checks.

Walking around Connaught place
Has never felt as personal and painless
As it did today
With you.
Oily chicken and bun keema
tastes better with you looking at me.

This city has corners for us
Which we will find in time.
I want to hold yr hand
And you, mine-
We end up
Talking about love movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

blabberings

In the defense of a romantic

I was called an ‘out and out romantic’ today, while chatting with someone on a dating app. The comment took me by surprise and I was ready t...